Thursday 9 April 2015

Untitled ( Part 12 ) Death









One minute he was there and the next he disappeared.



It was chaos. Girls were running around screaming and using all their words up at once and soon there were no words left. Just a room full of silence with  a dead girl lying in the middle. But we could all feel it. One big invisible word was present in that room, sitting amongst us like a fat slug. Death.

At first I thought all the other ghouls had gone away with him but they were still there. Just hiding behind everyone's backs. None of them would look at me when I stared at them.



It was my first death. We are all young you see. Not one of us have reached our sixteenth year. And when we do we leave. Girls have come and gone but none of them come back and nobody ever talks about it. We haven't got enough words anyway even if we wanted to.


One of the older girls, Flint was her name, led us all out of the red room and moved us along. It didn't matter where we went as long as we weren't there. I wanted to scream out loud  It was him I saw him do it but I know I can't talk about them because the Crackle gave me the ability to see them and it's forbidden.

Coin grabbed my hand and led me down the colourdoors but some of them were still in the wrong order and we soon got lost. Being lost isn't funny because everywhere looks the same and I was starting to panic. So we decided to sit down in one of the alcoves to practice ticking. That's what we are supposed to do on Moon Day's so at least we were doing something normal instead of thinking about the dead girl.


Rhyme. That was her name and she was wore pirkle. She probably died because of all those things they pump into them. I'm glad I'm not a pirkle or like one of the older girls that have to open their legs on Wombdays. I'm glad I'm just me.

Dunstt. The girl with the uncontrollable hair and the spot on the back of her neck.


The girl who witnessed a murder.
























No comments:

Post a Comment