Friday 3 April 2015

Untitled ( Part 6 ) MindSpeak












I was still holding hands with Mentha as we walked around the birthing Zone.


It's amazing how important touch is when you can't talk. It almost becomes a second kind of speech. We have done this so many times I am beginning to think that we can read each others minds. I tell her things all the time in our own mindspeak but she never gives me an inclination that she has heard me.

I told her about my dream and how Noah was building a ship so that we could all escape, two by two and how we were collecting adjectives instead of wood or whatever ships are made out of. I wonder how many times she has been visited by a crackle and whether she gets triangles or circles or squares. Sometimes I think she can hear me when I talk to her and that maybe that's the gift she has been given. The gift to hear what other people are thinking. When I consider this possibility I try to shout louder inside my head until I end up giving myself a headache and needing to manifest another Yoogle.


We are poked an prodded. We have things removed and taken from us. Blood, skin, urine and anything else they can think of. It's not good. But it is slightly less annoying than Triple Helmet. At least we are not forced to sit in the same position for hours. At least we can walk and think for ourselves without the constant beeping and screeching from the head sets. I still saw the monsters but I tried my best to filter them out and the constant prodding and poking helped with that. But they were getting clearer. More like us. People like us. Not monsters but people that shouldn't have been there. People attached to people.

But of course I couldn't tell anybody about them. It was forbidden. You couldn't talk about the Crackles and their night time visits and about the gifts they bring. Or else something more terrible than words would happen. Everybody knew that. I don't know how we know it but we just do. Maybe we are born with that knowledge or maybe we learn it in helmet or perhaps the crackles whisper it into our heads when they visit without us knowing it.


I spotted Ink looking gloomy. She didn't like the berthing zone at all. But she was older than me and they did more things to her because her body was getting closer to the age they take more of an interest in. They take her into special rooms and they open her legs. She told me that once on exposure day. They open her legs and do other things that I'm not looking forward to.






No comments:

Post a Comment