Wednesday 8 April 2015

Untitled (Part 8 ) Dreams









When I'm in my capsule it's just me and the world is locked out.


Just me and the hum. It drives Ink crazy. She told me once. I think she received a gift from a crackle that makes everything louder but I'm just guessing. Because it's not that bad, you get used to it. It's the walls talking.

I don't know how she can enjoy helmet so much and get so wound up over the hum. If anything it helps me to sleep. It's there all the time but is sounds louder at night when there's nobody else to take your mind off it.


Sometimes I cup my hands to the wall and listen to it to see if it speaks. But it doesn't. It's just a hum and they don't really talk. That's just something we say.


At night I like to talk to myself. There are no rules about that or if there are, nobody has bothered to tell me. Most nights I talk myself to sleep or give up when I run out of words to tell myself. We are not used to talking so it's not easy even holding a conversation with yourself.

And then there are dreams. I think I have more dreams than everyone else does. Once I dreamed that we all had unlimited words and we all ended up speaking so much it became unbearable and nobody could hear themselves speaking. It was a total waste of time in the end and because we all could talk as much as we wanted to our words lost their power. We didn't enjoy them or appreciate them anymore and in the end we stopped talking and decided to limit ourselves again.

And then there's Noah. I dream about him all the time. Noah and ship and the flood. It's because of helmet. It put's all these things into our heads. Some of the things stick and we just know them but other things stay in the background like the hum. And then they turn up in our dreams. Weird things like Noah and the two by two animals and Hitler and pockypines, the little creatures made of pins.





No comments:

Post a Comment