Friday 3 April 2015

Untitled (Part 5) Monsters










YELLOW YELLOW RED RED PIRKLE BROWN BROWN



Wombday's always mean a trip to the birthing zone. As we wear white we go straight after Sun Fest. My stomach was making all kinds of noises as I moved along the colourdoors because my zolk was pathetic. I can never tick very well when I am nervous and I hate going to the birthing zone. So most Wombday's I go empty and hungry.


But something was different. I was seeing them for the first time. At first they looked just like shadows but then they started to take shape. I saw one attached to Mentha at first. She always sticks to me when we go to the birthing zone because she is as nervous as me and we hold hands and share our three words. Then I noticed that everybody had one. Some were bigger than others and some were still and others were restless.


I wanted to say

                        can't you see them too?

but of course we only had three words and I also didn't want to waste all of mine before Noonfest. The lively one's weren't too bad, the ones that moved their arms and their heads, but the stiff ones were terrifying. They just hung like dolls.


I didn't have one or at least I could see it unless it was hiding behind my back.


Now at least I knew why the Crackle had visited be during the night. He had giving me the gift. The gift to see these monstrosities that nobody else could see. There's always a gift when they come but most of them are small gifts, like the gift to hold my breath underwater that I received when I was 9 or the gift of patience that I was given on my twelfth. But this was something entirely different. I could now see something that nobody else could see. Something that had been there all along, but hidden.


Not nice things. Monsters.
















No comments:

Post a Comment